Fresh out of an intense 3 day Hackathon – Hack the Normal, I was curious to see what other Hackathons were on DevPost. I spotted the SITA Hackathon and I immediately signed up. That was the best decision I made. I learned so much from the workshops. The insights and the knowledge I gained is priceless. Win or Lose, it was amazing!
Using SITA APIs, participants are to create prototypes that fall in any of these categories:
- Passenger Experience – with changing priorities of air travel passengers, the industry constantly needs to introduce new solutions and services that will improve the passenger experience and make them feel more at ease while flying.
- Cargo & Baggage – COVID has sped up the adoption of digital technologies in cargo and baggage by several years. What out of the box solutions can we further create to boost the digitalization efforts in these areas? Potential areas could be vaccine logistics, sustainability, cost reduction, and tracing.
- Airport of the Future – with the ever-changing transportation realm and with airports offering an array of services and retail options, we’re excited to see what participants envision will stay or become a part of the future traveler’s journey.
- AI & Data (Open challenge) – this is an open challenge where we’d like to see participants’ creativity and innovation while using the APIs and data sets that are available to them.
Date: 12 – 21 March 2021
For this hackathon, I decided to go solo.
- Slack (communication)
- Devpost (submissions)
- Microsoft Teams (video calls)
- SITA APIs
- Ideation for Aviation Startups
- Introduction to UI/UX
- Aviation Retail
- COVID-19 impact in aviation
- How to pitch
What I built and Inspiration
Please read the case study here
Demo and Screenshots
Link to Demo
UI – CreativeTim, Argon Dashboard
Illustration – Icons8